12 January 2016

2016 Goals

2015 was a tough year.  Lots of challenges with studies, clients, family, and health.  I ended up taking a lot of time off to rest and relax and recharge.  I've learned the importance of doing nothing and not always on the go.  So 2015 goals weren't accomplished as much as I'd have liked but I'm OK with that. I'm going to take 2016 slowly and learn to say "no" a bit more, helping those that really speak to me.


Here were my goals for 2015: 
Finish my midwifery studies?  
Every day: Averaging about 4 to 5 hours of study.Births: Just a few as health and studies need to take front seat.Acupuncture: Apprentice with an amazing TCM doctor.Apply for the Naturopath Doctor program.

What I Accomplished:
I managed to study most days and submitted a pile of work.  I still have a ways to go but it's not anything overwhelming or that difficult.  Just takes a lot of time.
All of the things I needed to collect or do for renewing my CPM.Attended quite a few births... some lovely VBACs and waterbirths!

Applied and was accepted for the ND program.  Finished 10 of the 24 classes with a great GPA.
Started an acupuncture apprenticeship in March.  After a lot of study and discussion, I'm now treating my own family and one other person.

My Goals for 2016:Midwifery studies - Finish Section 6 studies (these are handouts, mini-projects, some research); CPM renewal in early March.

ND studies - Finish all classes by December, leaving just case studies and dissertation for 2017.
Acupuncture - Finish required texts by May 1; begin working with patients under supervision.Every day: Only 4 hr max studying a day; possibly keep the house clean!Births: So far just a couple doula births scheduled but plenty of space for one a month if it's the right family.

Longterm Goals:
Finish AAMI end of 2017.  
Finish ND mid 2017.
Slowly build an ND practice focusing on women's health using naturopathic and TCM modalities.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home