06 November 2013

It's Official, I'm a CPM!

Life is busy with family, school, health issues, birthing moms, etc. so I totally forgot to update here!

I sat for the NARM exam in February and found out in March that I passed.  I was so excited to get my CPM certificate in the mail!  So that is a HUGE goal that I have finished!

That said, certification/papers/licensure don't make a safe a midwife. I will say that I didn't need NARM or the CPM to make me a good midwife.  My education and experience do that.  Please ladies, don't hire a midwife based on the initials after her name.

My father died in October 2012 and one thing that I learned from him over the years is that the day is wasted if we haven't learned something.  And so my research, studies, conferences and such will continue.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Erin,

I am so incredibly grateful that I stumbled across your blog. I am an expat so living in Thailand, and my husband and I are expecting your first child (yaayyyy!) But I am absolutely terrified of giving birth in Thailand. Every case I've researched/every person that I've talked to who has given birth in a Thai hospital has ended their experience with a c-section, whether they needed one or not! I have been looking for a midwife who would be willing to assist me in a homebirth. I would be so grateful if you could email me or call me (whichever is your preference) to talk to me about this and enlisting your help with my own birth.
My email is
emmalgould@gmail.com
My phone # is
092-774-6169

Kind Regards,
Emma

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!! & true about safety. Well said

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger claire said...

Hi! I am interested in speaking with you about how you became a CPM and are living and practicing in Thailand. I want to do the same! I am taking my yoga TTC in January. I would love to start attending some births. I've been reading about midwifery and want to see if it is right for me. I dont know when I want to start my full on education. I would be most interested in the apprenticeship route. Where in Thailand are you? I will be in Koh Phangan. Please email me at denikeclaire@gmail.com
Thanks!
Claire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home