02 January 2009

New 2009 and Beyond Goals

The last time I wrote out goals was September of 2007 when my twins were just 3 months old. A lot has happened since then.

Here are the goals then:

17 September 2007
New Goals for 2007 and on

Dec 2007 - finish certificates in Natural Living and Natural Health with HAcres

Jan 2008 - do full-time enrollment with AAMI's midwifery program

Dec 2008 - complete CBI doula certification births

between these dates, I'd like to find some lactation education/consultant courses as well

June 2012 - finish AAMI course, apprentice, take NARM exam during our 1 year sabbatical in the US

Aug 2013 - return to Thailand and begin legal process to practice midwifery while teaching CBE and labor assisting

Wow, this is all so daunting, but seeing how many goals I met in the previous post make this seem a little more possible!

How did I do with those goals?
*I did not complete the Natural Living certifications yet BUT a lot of those books and assignments correspond with my midwifery studies so they'll be done when working on that segment.
*In Dec. of 2007 I got a scholarship for AAMI and enrolled. Deferred enrollment until the babies were one yr old and started up "full time" August 1st 2008.
*Finished the Doula Certification, so now I'm a certified doula!
*In October of 2008 I did enroll with a lactation counselor program. I've had many opportunities since then to help women with breastfeeding.

And now for my goals for 2009 and beyond:

Every quarter submit AAMI midwifery studies assignments.

June/July 2009 - gain a lot of experience during my short-term apprenticeship

Dec 2009 - 1/2 way through breastfeeding counselor assignments and support

June 2012 - apprentice, take NARM exam during our 1 year sabbatical in the US

December 2012 - graduate from AAMI

Aug 2013 - return to Thailand and begin legal process to practice midwifery while teaching CBE, labor assisting, and giving breastfeeding support


It's hard at this point to give specific dates for accomplishing things as really it's just from one quarter to the next. I'll try to at least give a rundown each quarter for what I accomplished.

I have a few other personal goals, such as getting back to more walking and yoga. Blogging more on my green blog. Updating my twin blog because, you know, babies grow. Doing my Bible reading BEFORE studying midwifery!

Have a blessed 2009 everyone!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home