21 August 2006

Which path to midwifery?

I've been reading through Paths to Becoming a Midwife: Getting an Education. I really really want to go the direct-entry/CPM route. But, to even have the slightest chance of working here legally, I almost have to go the CNM (nurse) route. I do not like the active management of most nurse-midwives, or that most have to work in hospitals being told what to do by doctors who do not understand true natural birth. Even if not in a hospital, they have so many obstacles to overcome. If I were living in the USA, it'd not be the way for me to go.

The CPM will work in the USA but most likely not be recognized here. CPM is expectant management and the approach that I will take. So what to do??? Too soon to make the big decision. I know what I want in my heart.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home