Here were my January 2009 goals:
So how did I do with my 2009 goals? I did manage to submit 2 quarters of assignments and got honor roll one time! Had a fabulous apprenticeship in June/July and ended up doing a second one in Dec/Jan. Completed 2/3 of my clinical skills. Finished more than half of my Breastfeeding Counselor certification. I've done all of the support hours, just 4 more books to read and a couple written assignments to go. Did I update my twin blog last year? I don't even know, so probably I didn't LOL. And I did manage to do a lot more Bible study before midwifery study :)
* Every quarter submit AAMI midwifery studies assignments
* June/July 2009 - gain a lot of experience during my short-term apprenticeship
* Dec 2009 - 1/2 way through breastfeeding counselor assignments and support
* June 2012 - apprentice, take NARM exam during our 1 year sabbatical in the US
* December 2012 - graduate from AAMI
* Aug 2013 - return to Thailand and begin legal process to practice midwifery while teaching CBE, labor assisting, and giving breastfeeding support
* Blogging more on my green blog. Updating my twin blog because, you know, babies grow.
* Doing my Bible reading BEFORE studying midwifery!
After my apprenticeships this summer and winter, I was able to get a better idea of what I need to do to graduate from AAMI and get my CPM, so my goals for 2010 will show some of that. And here are the 2010 goals.
Every quarter - submit AAMI midwifery studies assignments
June/July 2010 - visit USA for visiting family and do some midwifery networking and/or workshop
Dec 2010 - complete breastfeeding counselor certification
Dec/Jan - another short visit for apprenticeship and apply for 2 months following summer (I think this will become an annual Christmas visit and then every other summer visit)
June/July 2012 - (if no sabbatical) network with local midwives to finish NARM/CPM requirements
Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 - take NARM exam
December 2012 - graduate from AAMI
Spring 2013 - Begin legal process and final language study to be the first licensed foreign/Western midwife in Thailand
2015 - Open Birth Clinic!