15 September 2006

my resources

I've had a few people ask about what resources I use in my childbirth classes. I use a combination of:

the Bible!

Childbirth International resources
some of Transition to Parenthood's pages

and many books, such as:
Henci Goer's The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth
Penny Simkins "Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn" and "The Birth Partner"
Ina May Gaskins "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth"
Myles "Textbook for Midwives"
Elizabeth Davis' "Heart and Hands"
Dr. Sears "The Pregnancy Book" and "The Birth Book" and "The Breastfeeding Book"
Mary Renfrews "Bestfeeding"
Nilsson's "A Child is Born"
and many many more I can't think of right now.

Some of my other resources come from direct conversations or online forums with other midwives, doulas, and childbirth educators.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Erin, you've had a couple of classes by now, right? How are they going?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home