18 February 2006

First Client Interview

Tuesday's meeting went great! Dayton said I'm a pro already, at least with the teaching part =) The potential clients, "J" and "S", have been attending a childbirth class at their hospital but were very disappointed from the lack of substantial information and also very uneasy after only being shown scary birth videos. They had so many questions that were not answered unti our meeting. They do not agree on much when it comes to childbirth. He believes God created women's bodies to do as He designed. She is focused only on the pain and how to not have any. I encouraged them to build a birth plan that both would be happy with.

I have sent them a sample birth plan and other things they requested. They are also reading a couple books I've recommended. I hope to have an answer soon! I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too much because they could still say no. "J" really wants me there because he trusts in my readings, experiences, etc.. "S" is not sure because she just doesn't know what to think yet and hasn't read much.

I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Erin, Glad the interview went well! Hopefully the couple can come to an agreement. Em

 

Post a Comment

<< Home